Back to school activities.
Exciting Back to School Activities for Kids of Different Grades.
1.Make a Personalized Backpack
This is a great way to get your child excited about going back to school. Help them pick out a new backpack, and then let them decorate it however they want. They can use fabric paint, markers, stickers, and anything else they can think of.
2. Create a “First Day of School” Crown
This is a fun and easy way to commemorate the first day of school. All you need is some construction paper, scissors, and glue. Just help your child cut out the crown shape and then decorate it however they want. They can add their name, the date, or anything else they want.
3.Paint a Picture of Their Classroom
This is a great way to help your child feel prepared for the first day of school. Go on a walk to their school and then have them paint a picture of it when you get home. It will help them feel like they know the place before they even step foot in it.
4. Make a “Back to School” Countdown Chain
A countdown chain is a fun way to help your child feel excited about the return to school. Just cut out strips of paper and write down something different that they can look forward to for each day (i.e., “1 more day until I get to see my friends again!”).
5. Have a “Back to School” Themed Breakfast
Start the first day of school off right with a special breakfast. You can make pancakes in the shape of pencils or cut fruit into the shape of apples. Get creative and have fun with it!
6. Back to School Photo Shoot
This is a great way to document your child’s growth from year to year. Dress them up in their first-day-of-school outfit and take some pictures. Then, do the same thing next year and compare the two sets of photos. It’s sure to be a cherished memory.
Here are some activities that are perfect for elementary school kids who are just starting to get used to the idea of going back to school:
7.Have a Back-To-School Picnic.
Other back to school activities to consider
- Make a Back-To-School Memory Book.
- Start a New Tradition.
- Go on Scavenger Hunt.
- Make a School Supplies List.
- Make a Time Capsule.
How can I make back to school fun?
Here are some back-to-school ideas that your kids will actually be excited about.
- Create a Back-to-School Survival Kit. …
- Go on a Back-to-School Shopping Trip. …
- Bake Up a Batch of Treats.
- Pick Up These Picture Books.
- Prepare Yummy School Lunches.
- Carve Out a Kid Cave.
- DIY a Portable Homework Station.
Popular After-School Activities
Art. Art is fundamental to education as a cross-brain experience that involves mind, body and heart, Pittman says. …
- Foreign languages.
- Martial arts.
How do you host a back to school event?
- Back-to-School Event Success Tips
- Plan (and create materials) early. …
- Give volunteers easy jobs that don’t require a big time commitment. …
- Put on a mascot costume and greet families at the entrance. …
- Make a selfie station or Instagram-worthy background and include your group’s website or social media URL.
- Give away food.